Friday, November 4, 2011

Strange Noises

When first arriving at site there was a strange noise on my roof every night and i could not figure out what it was...I first assumed someone was trying to break into my house and sat in bed under my mosquito net with my flashlight on debating on wither or not to call father,the priest that also lives here since i live with the priests not a made up person (hope that is better joey), about someone breaking into my house.This is also when i start to think why the hell did i sign up for this there is no 911 to call and no where in my house to hind if someone were trying to break in. As many people know (and if not you do now) i am a big chicken when it comes to dark and being alone after dark (hence the calls to her in the middle of the night about strange noises in the house when she was not home all of which turned out to be the water heater).  After many sleepless nights I finally figured out a chicken was living on my roof. From the noises that were coming from my roof i think the chicken was having a party every night up there. Well i finally told father about this chicken and joked that it was going to become my dinner one night. Apparently father ordered that this chicken be his dinner the next night so that it would not cause me anymore sleepless nights. I discovered this when I woke up and there were feathers coming from under my door only to open the door and find a chicken with its head laying next to it in the hallway (not the best thing to see first thing in the morning). Well there is another nocturnal chicken living on the roof and tap dancing the night away. I am afraid to say anything or this chicken may end up without a head outside my door one morning also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment