Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Site

I will try to make this ost as readable as possible but the right side of my keyboard decided to stop working 3 months after getting my computer. So I apologize for the missing letters in some of the words and lack of commas (not that I use commas anyways} I will send the next 2 years in ssanje working at ssanje Sabina primary school. I have a lot of tasks that they would like me to do including running their clubs including Club Glow (Girls Leading Our World} Club BLISS the boys club Art Club (if they saw my artistic abilities they would want me as far away from this club as possible} and Drama Club (also not a strong suit of mine}. I will also be working with nutrition malaria prevention educating the teachers students and staff on various health topics teaching life skills and holding seminars for teachers on various learning styles and how to teach using the different styles of learning as well as many other things that I have not come u with yet!  So I am excited and hope to help the school in any way possible. I will be working for a nonprofit called Children of Uganda which is an organization that matches orphans and at risk vulnerable children with sponsors in the states who ay for their education. They will be going on Tour of the states holding performances in various cities throughout the United States in January and February  so keep your eyes open for the Children of Light Tour in your area and I strongly suggest going to see a show I can promise you it will be an amazing show!
I have also gotten involved with a formal volunteers old counterpart and met with him today concerning baseball in Uganda. We are going to attempt to start 4 teams in the Rakai district and even hope to get the funding to build a baseball field! I am very excited about this and hope it works out in the long run. Our goal is to first start a training for coaches to teach them how to coach then move on to starting the teams and getting the children involved. 
I am currently in the process of trying to integrate into my community and meet as many individuals as possible as well as reading way to many books and attempting to cook myself dinner. Tonight it was homemade marinara sauce garlic bread and no bake cookies that have not decided to harden yet and probably never will but they are still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment